Sometimes you just need to snack on something when you are sipping on a hot cup of coffee or chai and a pakoda is one of the best snack one could savor. There are so many versions and varieties to a pakoda, Paneer Bread Pakoda happens to be one of them. Here is our take on this amazing lip smacking snack.
The following are the ingredients required
- Besan (Gram Flour)
- Haldi (Turmeric)
- Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- Red Chili powder
The following are the detailed steps
- Take the Paneer cube and slice it into flat pieces.
- Sprinkle these slices with chili powder and salt. Keep in mind that you put the spices with regard to your tolerance.
- Now keep these aside on a plate.
- Now take two slices of bread, place on top of each other and cut them into half. Make as many as required.
- Then comes batter, in a mixing bowl put one cup besan, 1 TBSP red chili powder, half TBSP haldi powder, 1 TBSP of Carom seeds, and salt as per taste. Mix all these powders properly.
- Then take a cup of water and start pouring little by little onto the bowl and start mixing the ingredients. Do not put the water at once.
- Mix well with your hands and make sure there are no lumps. The consistency should not be too thin or thick.
- Now put the pan and pour oil on it to start the frying process.
- Place a paneer slice in between two slices of bread, dip them in the batter.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough and then put the batter dipped bread on to the oil.
- Fry till golden brown and take it out.
- Serve it with tomato ketchup or hari chutney.
Things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the oil is hot enough when you put the pakoda in for frying. You can check by putting a drop of batter in the oil and if the batter comes back up right away then it means the oil is hot.
- While making the batter, never put the whole cup of water together. Keep checking consistency of the batter and add water accordingly.
Here is the full video feature, hope you enjoy and try this amazing recipe.