The Chilli Bajji is a famous Indian evening snack, the spicy combination gets along with a cup of chai or coffee. This is our take on the famous local chilli bajji’s that are available everywhere in the city of Bengaluru.
- Besan (Gram Flour)
- Long Green chilies
- Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
Steps to follow:
- Take long green chillis and slit at the center to get two halves. You can remove the seeds to reduce the spicy aspect but it’s much better with the seeds.
- Now prepare the bajji batter by taking 2 cups of besan, 1 TBSP of carom seeds, and salt (as per taste) in a mixing bowl. Mix all these ingredients making sure everything is combined well.
- Now add water as required slowly, and prepare a lump free thick batter.
- Pour 2 TBSP of hot oil over the batter and mix well for a smooth and silky batter
- Put frying pan with oil for heating.
- Dip the green chilli and coat it with batter completely.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Keeping the flame on medium, flip over and fry all the sides. Fry until the bajjis turn crisp and golden.
Note: If you have Baking Soda and Rice flour at home then do put it in the batter. This will make the Chilli bajji crispier and fluffier
You can find the complete video below:
2 responses to “Chilli bajji | Mirch Pakoda | Menasinakai Bajji”
Reblogged this on Food2go4 and commented:
Love Besan, and Love green chillies.
Then try this delicacy
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 🙂